Preliminary Draft (2018-11-20): Rules subject to change.
The Boston GuitarFest is pleased to present the Academy competition for players ages 16-20 (at least 16 and no older than 20 by June 30th, 2019)
- 1st prize: $750 and a
shared performance at one of the following year’s festival concerts
- 2nd prize: $400
- 3rd prize: $200
- 4th prize: $100
Schedule for 2019
(subject to change)
- Preliminary round: Saturday, June 29, 11am-5pm
- Final round: Sunday, July 30: 11am-2pm
- Contestants must be registered as participants in the Boston GuitarFest Academy Program or Institute Program (must be a registered participant in this year’s Boston GuitarFest — specific program determined by age and skill level as detailed).
- ages 16-21
* A previous year’s first place winner cannot compete in the academy program competition the following year.
- Preliminary round: not to exceed 10 minutes.
- Final round: not to exceed 20 minutes. This work may be the same or different as in the preliminary round.
- Individual movements from major works are acceptable.
- No concertos or chamber music will be permitted.
- Only four competitors will be chosen for the final round.
If you have ideas about required repertoire and are unsure about their fulfillment of the requirements, please e-mail [email protected] for clarification or confirmation.
Register for the Academy Competition at https://apm.activecommunities.com/necmusicprepce/Activity_Search/boston-guitarfest-academy-competition/16269
2018 Academy Competition Winners
1st Prize – Felix Dallaire
2nd Prize – Michael Vascones
3rd Prize – Christ Habib
4th Prize – Aytahn Benavi
5th Prize – Benjamin Lauring